The Early Years Education Centre was first established in 1992 as a home daycare. Our first centre opened in 2004. Since, we have provided a fully licensed daycare to families located in the York Region area. Our programs and services have grown to become an exceptional environment that provides parents with alternatives for their children’s care, education and social needs all contained within a facility that is loving and caring.
- We offer Innovative daycare programs which allow children to explore and discover the joy of learning in a safe, caring and friendly environment.
- Flexible, full day or half day daycare programs offered with hot lunch.
- Summer and Winter Camp Programs
- Seasonal extended operation hours to provide families with childcare solutions
- Fun, educational and recreational extra-curricular activities offered on a weekly basis.
- Stimulating Before and After School Programs, Homework, Reading and Tutoring for children 5-12 years of age
- Fresh, nutritious meals are prepared daily by the centre chef. We offer breakfast, lunch and two snacks per day. Our healthy menu has been designed through consultation with a Health dietician and meets the Canada Food Guidelines criteria.
- Indoor Playground and Birthday Party Centre facilities
- Peanut-free daycare environment
Our large centre is built to encourage natural curiosity and creative learning.
Our state of the art indoor playground has been designed and built on the principles of variety and diversity to challenge all ages and to ensure that their introduction to physical education meets the developmental milestones needed for movement experiences and play.
Founder & Director
Her extensive experience as a school teacher, mother of four and passion for children has led Orit Gal to operate this successful education centre located in Richmond Hill, Ontario. Her efforts have been directed to providing children and their families with a unique daycare facility that is geared towards a combination of learn through play and academic teachings.
Orit is a strong believer that children can reach their highest potential when given the right tools to facilitate their learning, while building a strong foundation of confidence and knowledge.
“The child must know that he or she is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn’t been, and until the end of the world, there will not be, another child like him” Pablo Casal
Our staff is an educated and loving group that makes a daily effort to show each child how special they truly are.
Each of our educators receives training before working at our centre. The Early Years Education Centre celebrates a multicultural environment.
The Early Years Education Centres support:
- Hospice King-Aurora
- York Regional Police
- The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
- Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada
- Yellow Brick House
- MADD Canada
- Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC)
- Children’s Hope Home Project
- Muscular Dystrophy Canada
- Richmond Hill Food Bank
Each Year as a team, teachers, children and families fundraise in various ways to teach our children the importance of giving within the community.
Our Vision –
What makes The Early Years Education Centre different?
The Early Years of one’s childhood only happens once in a lifetime. We at the Early Years Education Centre believe that we need to make each one of those moments count. The first six years are the stepping-stones to what can be a healthy, happy and loving life.
We have designed our program to provide opportunities to foster the personal development and well-being of each child to help him/her to create and maintain supportive relationships and become an active and responsible citizen in society.
The differences our centre make can be seen in the face of every child who graduates from our program – a happy, confident, intelligent, and independent child that retains an educational curiosity throughout life and approaches new experiences with an eagerness to learn.
Our Educational Principles –
At the Early Years Education Centre we strive to facilitate exceptional service and education to help families and their children achieve their goals.
Our Education Centre system is built upon various philosophies. We have adopted the Montessori Method and the Reggio Project Approach in addition to our own unique system, which we developed through over 20 years of experience in the field of child care.
The Early Years Education Centre philosophy stresses a three-point system that we believe will allow your child to put their best foot forward and further instill a sense of comfort and confidence in their continued pursuit of education.
- Smile and welcome each child – every child is exceptional.
- Show every child how special he/she is – instill confidence at an early age.
- Spend quality time with each child – give every child the much needed attention.
- Create a loving atmosphere – encourage friendships.
- Let each child find the activities that he/she feels comfortable with – provide a wide selection of mind games and puzzles that promote problem solving.
- Promote sharing and cooperation – encourage the children to play together and learn from each other. provide group games, board games, and playground structures that advance communal play.
- Our certified teachers listen to your children and show them the utmost respect – we believe that education should evoke communication.
- Read to the children, talk to the children, sing to the children – engage the children in different mediums to continual motivate their attention.
- Always act with love, caring and kindness to everyone at the centre – a loving environment is a good learning environment.
- Express emotions and feelings through drama and movement – help each child develop acuity in responding to non-verbal communication and promote mutual consideration and artistic growth.